Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Not my words - but they are

For the last few months - my dependency on quotes has surprised me.  I love reading them and finding comfort and support.  A few have made me give myself a break, while others have made me weep.  I don't feel so alone - because look at the quote - there has been a person who knows what I'm feeling. 
  • "There is a sacredness in tears.  They are not the mark of weakness, but of power.  They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.  They are the messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love." --Washington Irving
  • "Mourning is love with no place to go"
  • "Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o'er-wrought heart and bids it break." --William Shakespeare  
  • "Mourning is one of the most profound human experiences that it is possible to have...The deep capacity to weep for the loss of a loved one and to continue to treasure the memory of that loss is one of our noblest human traits."  --Shneidman
  • "Everyone can master a grief but he that has it."  --William Shakespeare
  • "To spare oneself from grief at all cost can be achieved only at the price of total detachment, which excludes the ability to experience happiness."  --Erich Fromm
  •  "Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell."  --Emily Dickinson
I can't believe it has almost been 7 months.  I love and miss Leo dearly.

-Kathryn-

No comments: