Wednesday, May 30, 2012

bean burgers&beers

What a fantastic combination...

Last night I went out with someone I knew from college.  I have seen her around Nashville for the last few years, but never really talked about hanging out.   At a wedding this past March, we started talking and realized how alike our lives were - we immediately said we had to hang out.  Sure, it took a month or two - but we made plans this week to grab a beer - and it turned into drinks and a dinner.  We went the Pharmacy - and i love it.  I love this little charming place that is literally in my neighborhood!

This friend has been through hell this year.  The situation she went and is still going through - had me in tears.  We were sitting at the bar - drinking and eating - talking about the past year of our lives - crying.  There is just something comforting to be with someone my age - who is single - and had the worst year of their lives.  Sick, right?

This next month is going to be tough.  My brother left for bootcamp yesterday.  By the way, John Lucas called him.  The love that John and Carol - Brenda and Allan immediately have shown to Andrew and I - is something I'll always be grateful for.  It brings tears to my eyes to know how much they are supporting Andrew through this - just like Leo would have.   I can't believe he is there right now - I want an hourly update...

This weekend or next - I'm going to Chattanooga to help my grandparents pack up to move into an assisted living home.  They are moving closer to my dad - and it's going to make visits more complicated, but necessary.  They will be moving in 3 weekends - so there is a lot to do.  old people...

Mom got a horrible email from some horrible people.  I am not going to fully disclose the contents on the internet - but lets just say I was livid this morning...this same issue keeps arising and I want it to stop.  I guess this is our version of fighting over a will or for "Leo's things." 

If it is not one thing, it's another. (yes, I do realize I sound like a 75 year old...) The more that I experience life - the more the quote "No two persons ever read the same book," makes sense.  However, I do know along the way - I pick up (or already have) people who at least can see the book from my perspective.  It really makes all the difference...

I'm just in a grateful mood - and it's nice - plus my TV boyfriend is back!  Jon Stewart, please don't ever go away for two weeks ever again. :)

Kathryn

No comments: