Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Afraid of Nothing

I can barely put into words how I am feeling right now.  I have a few phrases to maybe paint the picture:

  • sadness - being in my mom's house one last time.  The next time I leave - I will never again have a place to call my mom's.  I will never have a "moms house"  - this feeling fucking sucks. 
  • heartbroken - i wake up with this ache in my heart every morning.  I miss that woman more than I can ever explain.  
  • anger - i know who broke into my mom's house.  it was a caregiver.  I'm angry that I was played and I trusted her.  I'm angry that I always try to see the best in people.  I'm angry that my life continues to be one hard, sad, stressful event after another.  Can't the universe give me a break?  Black cloud - please go rain on someone else.  I am drowning here...
  • bitterness - why are these my cards?  Why is this my fucking life at 32...  Not one person I know how has anything like this...why does it have to be me?  
  • jealousy - i want my mom.  i'm jealous of those that have moms still alive.  i'm jealous of people with supportive friends and families.  I have none of that.  
  • afraid - when I walk out of this house - I am so afraid of this chapter being closed.  And my next chapter starts without my mom.  I just want my mom.  
  • anxiety - all the above make me anxious.  I'm anxious that very little seems to bring me joy.  I am a good actress.  I am able to put on my "everything is going okay" hat and fool everyone.  
  • disappointed - that i'm missing so many things in Nashville.  

All I can do is hope that maybe one day - I will wake up and only feel a few emotions instead of all of the above in a given day.  

I'm missing Sharon Van Etten in Nashville this Saturday - her newest album is amazing.  Her music alone has helped pulled me through the last 3 years - I am so bummed about not seeing her.  SO BUMMED. Anyway, enjoy...


For my mom - I'm really trying hard to not be afraid...like her.   She is the strongest person I know.  

- Kathryn- 


No comments: