Monday, July 28, 2014

I miss the consistency of how my life used to be.

I feel it coming - sadly - I cannot stop it.  I have been in pretty calm waters lately.  

My constant companion has been a little too much this evening.  The waters are starting to get choppy, rough - is this what drowning feels like?  I feel this weight on my chest –a shortness of breath – my heart feels like it is carrying tons.  I have been slapped with reminders everywhere.   Coming home to see Gravity on TV.  That is the movie I saw with dick-face (DF) 3 nights before my mom died.   Recalling events that surround DF are very painful.  I am loaded with regrets when I think of him and my mom.   I had corn for dinner – I cooked it the way she taught me.  I had roasted asparagus too.  Whenever we were together during the warm months – every other night consisted of asparagus.   Sheets from her house are on my bed.  Her art is all over my house.  I cooked in Mom and Leo’s pans.  Their books are filling my bookcases.   It still feels a little unbelievable.  I see this stuff in my house and think "why is that here?"  

Was it a bad idea to bring so many of her things back to my house?  I don’t know.  I know I am not willing to part with it yet.

I don’t want anything else but to talk to her.  I have been longing to engage with her – to hug her.  To hear her say “hi baby”  or “hi TT!”   I want to hear about her day.  I want to tell her about my day.  I’ve lost my best friend – and I don’t know how to navigate through this world without her.  I don’t have anyone to tell my stupid stories to.  I didn’t only lose my mother – I lost my closest and most loyal friend. 

I'm less than 3 months away from being without my mom for an entire year.  Esther has already asked me about what I'm going to do on 10/9...I don't even want to think about it.  It is all so goddamn unfair.  

I found Esther's business card from 3 years ago.  It made me sick to my stomach - same grief therapist - different parent.  I need to toss that card...

I am so fucking sick of people asking me if I am happy to have her house behind me.  “NO!  No, idiots!!! How could I be happy about any of this?  How could I be happy about not having a “mom’s house?” is what I’d like to say.  However, I just simply smile and try to change the subject asap.   

I feel myself withdrawing.  I have zero desire to engage with people right now.  It’s hard when I have so much internal turmoil and others want to talk about superficial topics.  I need to pull out my acting card again...because I just don’t give a shit right now.  However, I am trying very hard to fight my desire to clam up and completely withdraw.  


I’ve been doing a lot of “this time last year…” memory recalling.  It is really amazing what I have survived.  When I recall everything I have been through the last 3 years – it is just more and more evident that I am my mother's daughter…
  


No comments: