Wednesday, November 9, 2011

it has been 3 years

Besides seeing Leo in a casket - this week - I was with him for the last time 3 years ago.  It was the last time I saw him and got to physically touch him alive. 

Before, election week wasn't significant beyond who was voted into office...but now it will just be a painful reminder of my life's biggest regret yet. 

Today - was a little better than last night.  I woke up very teary and got ready crying most of the morning - my eyes were so swollen.  Heidi was throwing up for about a hour in the middle of the night - so my sleep wasn't consistent.  Miki (my newest coworker whom i love) asked if I was alright when I first walked in -  I looked that off. 

I decided to call my dr to make an appointment for medicine and proceeded to cry to the scheduler - so they called in Xanax and I have a follow up appointment after turkey day.  I have been very honest with my friend Greg - and told him about last night's episode...he instantly offered suggestions...i do appreciate the suggestions - but it feels like people want to offer tools to fix my problem.  It frustrates me... however, I have been realizing that assume the worse about those that care about me the most is just another sign of how dark of a place I am in.

I  was talking to Miki today - and confessed how deeply depressed my thoughts have been.  I can't believe I shared them...but part of it was freeing.  I made an appointment with a psychologist named Joy Carroll.   She personally made the appointment and talked me through the entire insurance aspect, etc.  She also had a cancellation for tomorrow at 5...so I'm going tomorrow.  I hope we click and I don't have to shop around. 

I feel fucked up - but I know I'm going to be okay.  I want to be okay...

I love this quote...because it's so true...

“Tears are the silent language of grief.”  I've been speaking plenty...

-Kathryn-

No comments: