Saturday, February 18, 2012

9 Months

Yesterday marked 9 months.  It's funny how my life feels like it is passing at the slowest pace possible.  It feels like Leo died yesterday.  I can still clearly recall that phone call, my car ride to GR - stopping to cry, my numerous phone calls with Tracy and Greg - crying to them, the funeral, my mom, Leo in a casket, kissing (i kissed my hand and touched him, I didn't kiss a dead body!) and touching him one last time, my return trip to Nashville, literally walking around like a Zombie until I could return to my mom, etc, etc...all this seems like yesterday.  But reality is always there to bitch-slap me...it has been 9 months.

 My grief is still as raw as it was on 5/17/11 - I have just learned how to cover it up better.  I still go from no tears to tears in a matter of seconds.

I miss you more than ever Leo - xox.

No comments: