Sunday, February 12, 2012

Surrounded

Randall did an interview about Einstein's Dreams...he talked about mom and Leo.  It brought me to tears....I am tired of feeling sad and missing him so much.  Out of the blue - this interview is posted online - then all of a sudden I realize how all my surroundings remind me of Leo.  Which has made for an emotional afternoon...

I was cleaning today - vacuuming my art to remove the dust (yes, I'm that lazy...hate dusting...but the dyson gets is very fast!) and I want to take you through my realization today.   These are just in my living room.

First up - it was a double reminder: 1. Montmartre in Paris (we went there) and this print is in the Getty Museum in LA (we went there too).  Mom and Leo had this print framed for me as a Christmas gift...it sits on my fire mantel:





Directly across from the Paris print - hangs a piece they found at an antique store.  It's a wood carving print:
Perpendicular from the Paris and wood print - sits this piece.

If you sit on the chair that is under these shelves - you will see Barack Obama's book - Mom and Leo got me a signed edition:

In the same bookcase you will see these (but I'm reading Einstein's Dreams again - so currently it's by my bed):

If I sit on my couch -  look at the shelf underneath my side table...I see these...one of those articles...that's a picture of me talking at his memorial service:



For good measure - while sitting on the couch and looking into the kitchen - I see these right by each other.  It's the game day teapot and infamous pepper grinder...do you know how many times his hands touched this grinder?  Multiply times daily... :(




I really don't understand why he had to die so early and suddenly...

Kathryn

No comments: