Sunday, March 31, 2013

Nashville bound...hopefully...

I'm hoping in just a few short days - I will be making the almost 10 hour car ride back to Nashville. 

I need a break...
I need to be in my bed...
I want routine and my schedule...
I want my interaction to be with people in their 30's - and not 50+ like it is in MI...
I want to be rushed in the mornings to make it into the office...
I want to talk to my coworkers in person - and have lunch with them...
I want to be where it's warmer...
I want to be somewhere I can pretend everything is "normal"...
I want to see hipsters and not men decked out in camouflage...


I'm just being honest and really really trying to not feel guilty for my feelings.  I'm a little shy of two months of my new life - and I'm craving - no longing for my old one. 

The next few days are kind of "big" in the Turner world.  Mom has her first - out of the skilled nursing facility appointment with her oncologist.  That appointment is on Monday.  On Thursday - we have our progress report with the skilled nursing facility.  We will be discussing what she needs to be able to do to be discharged.  Then Friday - the cancer foundation non-profit will vote to accept mom (HOPEFULLY!) as one of their patients. 

Depending on how the meeting goes with the nursing home - will help me decide if/when I go back to TN.  If she will be at Heartland (the nursing facility) for the rest of treatment - there is no point for me to be here.  However, if they are thinking she might be discharged soon...well...I have a shit ton of work to do in order to make her house ready for her and that trip to Nashville will be very delayed.  

Fingers crossed I'll be Nashville bound in 5 short days! 

No comments: