Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steve Jobs...but he was so young.

Steve Jobs died today.  Leo was probably one of the first in line to greet the man.  I can only imagine Leo showing him around - showing Jobs how helpful he was to his own career.  Talking about the latest gadget.

Probably talking about the loved ones left behind.  From the little bit of media I've been able to take in - it appears that Jobs was known for loving his family.

I wasn't able to watch a lot of the coverage - as I'm sitting here crying.  I think, in a way, Leo and Steve Jobs are really similar.  Obviously, on a different scale and career path.  But, still, very similar.

Both died at such a young age.

Both still, viewed by the public/friends/family, had way too much to still contribute to society.

Both were creative, innovative, made a difference.

Both were mentors.

Both pushed buttons and dreamed big - making the dreams come true.  How inspiring. 

More importantly, both left family members behind who don't care about what they created or dreamed up - both families miss the person - not the product (or music).  My heart hurts for the Jobs family.  I read he had 4 kids.  Since Steve and Leo were close in age - I'm assuming his kids are around my age.  My heart hurts for them...for me...for anyone who loses a parent.   

I'll end this post with a quote from Steve Jobs himself:

"Because the people who are crazy enough to change the world are the ones who do so." 

-Kathryn-

No comments: