Wednesday, March 28, 2012

such a little trigger...

It's beautiful in Nashville.  Simply beautiful.  It's the weather that makes me want to sit on a patio for hours and drink a beer or 4.  However, instead of potentially making those sort of plans...I had to come home and deal with house issues. 

I think the universe does this to any homeowner who gets a tax return.  The moment Uncle Sam gives you some cash back - something happens and/or breaks.  Last year - it was my plumbing and car.  This year...plumbing (again) and potential termites. 

Termites.  The dreaded word in the South.  We have horrible pests down here...but termites are those silent - unseen pest that can cause lots and lots of damage. 

I was getting my monthly pest control last week - and suddenly received a happy phone call from Rick.  He left me a voice message that said "Hi Kathryn!  This is Rick!  Jason told me you had potential termites - so call me back and we can take care of this."  Rick, you do not need to sound excited.  This is bad news for me...

Rick came out today - so I left work early.  After Rick is gone - I get my mail and have a card from mom.  It's my first holiday card that didn't include "& Leo." 

I immediately tell Tracy about it - and nothing I can do is able to hold back my tears.  When are these tiny reminders going to stop being so painful?  I am ready for the reminders to happen - and it breaks my heart - because I honestly do not think that will ever go away - but I'm ready for my first reaction to be something other than tears. 

Tracy brought up how it must have been hard/weird for my mom too.  Of course it was...I didn't even think beyond my sadness. 

I know the time will come when tears aren't my first reaction - but goodness - I'm ready for that day. 

It's almost been 11 months too.  11 months.  How, when, where did this year go? 

Love you Leo xox,
Kathryn

No comments: