Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Leo!

Today has been tough...actually really tough.  Today is the first day in awhile that I have had zero motivation - crying off and on - feeling really depressed kind of day.  Experiencing these feelings is making me realized how long I was constantly living in this state.  I can say that I am thankful this is not a daily struggle...

It was a beautiful day in Nashville - the sun was OUT - it was warmer, but all I wanted to do was watch TV and lay around.  I will be honest...some days I have to fight my temptation to lay around...but I usually win that fight.  I make sure to take a walk - or clean up my house - do laundry...do something productive. However, today I didn't fight and literally am still in my PJs. 

Today is Leo's birthday - he would have been 59. 

I'm very surprised by how difficult this "first" has been for me. 

I love Tracy...she literally has been one of my only "safe people" through this.   "safe people" meaning I trust her when I cry, to share my deepest thoughts, I know she listens, etc.   Tracy sent me this text today - I'm so lucky to have her as a friend...

"Thinking about you today..he was such a good man that should be celebrating another year today!  Wish I could take you to brunch or just hang out!  Love you!" 

Speaking of sweet messages...here are some facebook messages on Leo's page:

"I celebrate your birth today!  It is a better place because you were here."

"Just framed this today (the Bijou print). Celebrating the Bijou Orchestra and Leo M Najar who I loved and will always remember. Happy Birthday Leo!"
"Leo thought it was important to celebrate birthdays. Today I celebrate YOUR birth, my friend, and am thankful and blessed to have known you."
"Happy Birthday Dear Leo. We miss you."
"Happy Birthday to my beloved friend Leo. Your kindness towards people was the thing that always led me to want to always be friends with you. I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM YOU...AND I KNOW THIS NOW....HEAVEN IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU. I MISS YOU MY FRIEND.............................Love to you and your family, Jeff"
"My love, I celebrate your birth today and thank God for bringing you into my life. I'll love you until the end of my days. Until we meet again..." - this is my mom :(.  

He was a remarkable man...that I'll always love and feel extremely lucky to be able to call my parent...
Happy Birthday Leo - xox!
Kathryn


No comments: