Tuesday, January 24, 2012

a weird, weird day

I know that "normalcy" is fleeting.  I don't know what my normal state is anymore...I can have a great morning followed by an awful evening.  I can have a few days of feeling good/normal - then wake up with this pit in my stomach.  I even wrote about my approach to this "normal feeling" ...that I'm doing so with a lot of caution...and rightfully so. 

Since Sunday - I have been waking up feeling nausea and anxious.  I had reasons for the last two mornings - on Sunday I was nervous about meeting someone.  Then Monday - I blamed it on my glass of wine before I met this person and my margarita I had out - oh, and the lack of sleep due to bad weather.  However, today, I was at a loss as to why I woke up with the feeling.  It kind of hit me when I was getting ready...it's Leo's birthday this Sunday.  Another first - the first time I'm not sending a card - or calling him. 

The anticipation for these "firsts" is beyond dreadful.  I get so worked up about them a week or so before...thinking about the event consumes my mind/thoughts...then the day happens...and it's okay.  It passes and I survive.  I have gone through enough firsts to know that I will make it through the day...but that doesn't help.  I wish his birthday didn't fall on a weekend this year - if I was at work - there is plenty of distractions. 

It's not news that I have anxiety in certain situations or when my day is stressful.  Bless Tracy's heart - she has had to talk me from numerous panic attacks - and this past Sunday - I was in tears because of many reason.  In the moment - I know I'm being ridiculous - but I can't help to feel overwhelmed.  Tonight, I had a similar experience.  


I have had dental drama for over a year now.  Every time I go in...the 45 minute appointment turns into hours.  Prime example - today's appointment.  I was there from 2 - 5:10.  oh my god.  I was so annoyed that I was getting home an hour later than normal - that I wouldn't be able to walk my dogs - and that I had an entire house full of feathers that still needed to be cleaned up.  Lets not forget about the pain I was in...

However - I got home - mostly pick up all the feathers - cook dinner - did laundry - then was able to relax and watch SOTU.  I love politics - and tonight is essentially my Oscar's night.  When it's the SOTU - I usually play Bingo/take notes.  Tonight - I just took notes and paired it it with half a bottle of wine.  Half a bottle of wine - is probably the main reason why I was relaxed and forgot about all the stressful aspects to my day.   Wine and loving politics will always help!  I just can't help but smile when I see the First Lady and Joe Biden! 

Kathryn

No comments: